Welcome to our blog! -- the place to be to learn about growing up with pediatric brain injury and a wonderful little girl named Sarah, as told by Sarah's Mom!
RSS

Parenting In Survival Mode

Survival Mode ParentAmong the many things I am learning as a "newbie" to the blogosphere are the wonderful resources provided by families with special needs. Having just earlier today become a March of Dimes advocate to fight for healthy babies, it wasn't easy for me to revisit painful memories of Sarah in the NICU fighting for her life. So was I amazed (and pleased!) to stumble upon a truly wonderful Website designed to build a robust network of volunteers to help provide basic needs to parents with children in the NICU and PICU. The creator, Mandy, whose energy and generous spirit are truly inspiring, matches bloggers who can help to bloggers (or non-bloggers) who need help at this difficult time with their child.

Click on the link to go directly to Survival Mode Parent and learn more, including the locations of volunteers, and be sure to read the wonderful NICU primer, written by a remarkable Mom, whose own little girl, Maddie (short for Madeline) died just seven months ago . . . then read her touching, latest post at In the Scheme of Things . In honor of Maddie and the joy she brought her parents and family, the poem below expresses a beautiful sentiment, I think.

God Sent to Me an Angel
Written by Paul Dammann

God sent to me an angel, it had a broken wing.
I bent my head and wondered,
"How could God do such a thing?"
When I asked the Father why
He sent this child to me,
the answer was forthcoming,
He said "Listen and you'll see."
"My children are all precious, and none is like the rest.
Each one to me is special, and the least is as the best.
I send each one from Heaven and I place it in the care
of those who know my mercy, those with love to spare.
Sometimes I take them back again.
Sometimes I let them stay.
No matter what may happen.
I am never far away.
So if you find an angel and you don't know what to do.
Remember, I am with you,
love is all I ask of you."

Hat tip: Poetry Soup For The Soul

0 comments: